Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Quiet Voice Rings Clear

I suppose it's been brewing just below the surface
  of my consciousness.

And, I suppose Spirit decided it was time for me
  to know just what it is that it is asking of me.

I felt it this weekend
  a sudden knowing, like a revelation,
  a certainty...

Like Spirit finally made its request known to me.

It is about poverty, food security and water rights.
  That is the request,
  that I turn this passion into the force
  that drives my actions and decisions
  from this point forth.

Like that, I just knew...
  or rather, Spirit told me.

And then, I knew I was to write,
  to give voice to those who live in poverty,
  who live without food security
  who do not have access to clean, potable water.

I accept this request, with all my heart.
  I will show the face of poverty,
  make heard the voice of poverty.

For I believe that when poverty is given
  a face and a name and a voice, the power of love will
  break down the barrier of ignorance and allow others
  to open their hearts, to feel their compassion.
 
And that love will ignite in their spirit the understanding
  that we are all ONE,
  that what one of us suffers
  we all feel,
  and when one of us offers love to another,
  we all are blessed.

I don't know how this calling will evolve,
  nor does my understanding of the steps matter.
  All that matters is that I say 'yes' to Spirit's request
  and that I will find opportunities, however small,
  to act on this commitment.

Spirit has graced me with an answer
  in this long period of discernment.
  I am blessed.
  I am so very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment