Friday, December 14, 2012

Divinity Incarnate

I was talking to her.
  Beside her were several small clay plates and containers,
  beautifully crafted and still wet with the newness of their creation.

They were small and carried no apparent purpose.
  Yet, their striking beauty
  and silent invitation
  caused me to falter in my conversation.

Life is like that for me.
  A circumstance arises,
  often outside the situation I have intenitionally crafted,
  yet so real and fresh
  and asking for my attention.

The unfinished nature of the circumstance
  invites me to partake in the creation.

The quiet, waiting spirit
  tells me this is the invitation
  and that if and how I respond
  is my choice.

In fact,
  my choosing is part
  of the creative process.

The choice will not be pulled from me quickly
  if at first, I say 'no'.
  Depending on its import,
  it will be presented to me over and again
  in different ways
  from different perspectives
  including different souls
  with the hope that
  finally
  I will choose to pick up the unfinished clay,
  lay my hand to the creation,
  and allow my spirit to speak through
  my direct involvement with life.

A quiet invitation,
  a gentle push,
  a patient persistence.

The invitation - always
  to live
  to participate
  to step out of
   waking sleep
   nonmovement
   blind, repetitious existence.

Deepak Chopra
  speaks of our bodies,
  and I would add - our lives,
  as vessels for the flow
  of Divine energy.

We are the Divine,
  incarnate into this physical reality.

We are asked to take up the partially crafted clay
  and allow the Divine to create through and with us.
  We are Creators.
  We are one with the Divine.

What shall we craft on this day?

No comments:

Post a Comment