Saturday, December 15, 2012

Looking Out From Within

I am struck by the 'oddness' of this relationship.

I know you are out there.
  I can see the country from which you read these poems.
  I can see how many of you visit this blog on any given day.
  I can see which poems seem to reach the furthest into your souls.

But, I don't know who you are.
  The comunication is one-way.

I understood that when I agreed to this relationship.
  It was my choice, and is my choice
  each day that I continue on this path.

Sometimes, though, it does feel strange.

'What', I wonder, 'do you feel as you read these words?'
  'How do they affect your heart and soul?'
  'What, in your life, resonates with these words?'
  'What wisdom do you have, which if gifted to me,
  would contribute to my own learning,
  expand my own understanding,
  enrich my own journey?'

These questions occassionally emerge,
  and as yet, have found no answer.

I do so much appreciate your visits.
  There is something incredibly powerful
  in seeing that people from all corners of the world
  seek out the words that flow from my fingers.

It is awesome, and not a little humbling,
  and
  awesome.

So anyway,
  namaste to you this day,
  whoever you are,
  whatever your path,
  wherever your journey leads you.

Namaste, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment