Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Child Violated I

She came to me,
  not as the baby violated,
  but as a little girl, lost, confused, scared.

Then, I saw the baby that was her,
  vacant eyes, unmoving body.
  And, I realized that the horror of the experience
  had ripped a part of her soul from her.

The little girl loved Lilbit, danced in joy with that puppy.
  She gazed through my eyes at the open sky, the
  flowers pushing through the pregnant buds,
  the path before me.
  And again, she ran with that puppy,
  wanting to forget the horror,
  leave it forever.

Spirit spoke through me.
  'Now is not the time, child.
  I know you are hurting, confused, scared.
  I know you don't want to go back.
  But, it is not yet time.
  Your lessons are just beginning.
  You will bring joy to your grandfather
  and healing to your mother.'

'But, I don't want to go!' she cried.
  And, I felt the horror, the dark enclosing
  around her tiny soul, the inescapable
  fear...

Spirit showed us her grandfather,
  reaching timidly to the baby,
  and pulling back as the baby recoiled in fear.
  He cried and spoke softly to the baby,
  love and remorse for her pain tinging his gentle words.

Looking deeply into her vacant eyes,
  he begged her to come back,
  apologized for not being able to protect her,
  promised to stand forever by her side.

The girl child moved toward her grandfather,
  wanting the protection of his arms,
  the safety of his voice.

I encouraged her to keep going.
  'Go.  It will not be easy, but he loves you.
  Experience that love.  Share your light with him.
  Allow the healing.'

Timidly, and with trepidation, she stepped forward.

Then, I saw a light fill the baby's eyes.
  The grandfather, shocked at the sudden life in the baby,
  reached forward, but pulled back fearful of frightening her.
  But, the baby reached out and grabbed his finger.

A tear glistened on his cheek as he gently touched
  the baby's face
  and pulled her into his arms,
  hugging, loving, crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment