Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Call, The Fear

March 5, 2013

Is it possible, I'm being directed to a new path,
  a new way of contributing,
  not one I had anticipated or even prepared for...

If the epic journey is, indeed, internal,
  then the particular path I take in this world
  is of matter only in that it
  provides opportunities to take another step
  on that epic journey.

But, I hold so tightly to the path
  I have crafted with such diligence
  these many years;
  and fear greatly
  the void of unknowing,
  feel deeply the vulnerability
  of aging and limited financial resources;
  fear
  fear
  fear
  desire some measure of security,
  human security...

This call of Spirit
  scares me, awakens the child
  forever fearful of the unknown,
  whose tears quicky change
  from sweet innocence to
  rampaging devil.

To what are you calling me,
  Great Spirit?
  And why can I not feel
  a sense of security in this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment