Thursday, April 4, 2013

Security...the Gift of Spirit

This walk through life,
  for me,
  is a practice.

It seems, no sooner than I
  receive a new lesson upon which to contemplate,
  another is presented.

And, I realize that I
  haven't yet integrated the last lesson
  into my daily walk.

Smiling

This morning, I awoke to the message,
  'Don't judge.
  Just allow and witness.'

Immediately, I found myself judging my self,
  and I felt the harsh lash upon my body and heart.
  I started to judge myself for judging myself
  and then remembered...

'Allow, witness.'

Smiling

As I allowed and witnessed,
  the judger in me quieted
  and my spirit was brought back into balance,
  all through nondoing.

Then, I sat to meditate,
  wanting to learn more from Spirit
  about this thing, security.

In the quiet, my iPod beeped,
  indicating a new message.
  As I witnessed my curiousity
  and restrained the compulsion to jump up,
  I heard the lesson presented to me several weeks back,
  'Spiritualize the material.'

How, I wondered, can I spiritualize
  my walk through this day?
  How might I make sacred even the
  response to a message on an ipod?

smiling

Then, quiet.
  And a question from Spirit,
  'How do you feel?'
  My response, 'peaceful, serene, safe.'
  And the realization that I felt secure.
  Then, I was asked, 'What is different from yesterday?'

Immediately, I knew the answer.
  'Only me.
  My life circumstances have not changed since yesterday.  
  Only I have changed.'

'How', you ask, 'have I changed?'

The answer?
  Yesterday, my heart was closed to Spirit,
  and I experienced the illusion
  of being disconnected from the ALL.
  In that illusion, I felt alone and fearful
  for the safety of my being.

This morning, my heart is open to Spirit,
  and I see, experience, remember,
  once again,
  that this walk is a Spiritual walk.

Everthing that happens in this life is an
  expression of Spirit and an invitation
  to witness, learn, experience, create and
  walk in Spirit.

Even in the experience of those things I most fear,
  homelessness, financial devastation, illness...
  I will always find security,
  peace, serenity, safety,
  in Spirit.

And, Spirit will always
  be inside me.

In the everchanging flow of life,
  only that will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment