Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Vision

15 February 2011

I was standing
  when a cone of light shot down from the sky
  and lifted me
  higher and higher.

I watched as groups of people melted into continents,
  which merged into a body known to humankind as 'earth'.

Further and further I was drawn.
  The earth found its place in the universe.

Suddenly, the earth, devoured by the forces that surrounded it,
  exploded
  sending fragments far into the universe.

I felt a momentary fear and astonishment at the devastation,
  followed immediately by a profound awareness of
  God
    as each fragment,
    as the dark space between the fragments,
    as the intention and Creator and explorer.

Then, I saw the universe as under a microscope,
  the molecules and atoms dancing, bounding off each other,
  playful, excited, experimenting,
  finding each other and joining to create.
  Beauty emerging from the new assemblages of mass and energy,
  creation everywhere
  and joy, wonder, glee in the process of life.

I felt God's smile.

And then, I saw -
  destruction is part of creation;
  always creation;
  always playful, life giving creation;
  all of it.

And, for the first time,
  I understood this notion that

'All is perfect.'

I am a part of that creation, and a creator.
  My person provides vision from one perspective for the Creator,
  to view life, to experiment with creation, to meld human intention with divine will.

Opening my self to the Creator to flow through me,
  I can choose
  where to place my self,
  the work I want to do;
  for the opening and allowing is all that is asked.

Anywhere, in any situation,
  the life-giving force of love can manifest
  and beauty can be created.

For, it all is the canvas,
  Africa, the streets of your home town,
  the hearts of each and every soul that ever manifest in human form.

All are invitations and opportunities
  to create beauty,
  to offer oneself as a conduit for love and the Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment