Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mommy, Touch Me

26 September 2012

oh my god

the music,
it is here again
bearing the agony of loss
I thought gone

the music
carries with it the memories,
the feelings,
the days
of life that we shared.

my dearest mother,
gone from my walk

always by my side, I know

but the little girl inside me
cries for your hand upon her shoulder
mourns her loss of you

the music sings my sorrow
draws me close to you
and reminds me of the separation
I live with every day

it is hard, mom,
suddenly realizing you are the
elder generation
because your mother and father
have passed from your side

It is frightening to hold the responsibility
you pass to me
Though menopause transforms this body
my soul is forever your child

I miss you

I miss you

I miss you

Evacuee, Shepherd Moons, Enya

No comments:

Post a Comment