Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Mother's Grief

There is a woman I know only by sight.

So many times, I saw you
  as we both watched our dear children
  grow through childhood.

Passing each other at play rehearsals.
  Sitting in the same audience.
  Watching them on stage,
  singing, dancing, playing.
  Crossing paths at the grocery store, child in hand.
  Watching them accept their high school diploma...

And now, as you sit in shock
  at life's demand that you bid 'farewell'
  to your beautiful daughter,
  tears well in my eyes
  and my heart aches for the
  pain which no mother can
  ever
  imagine...

that of saying 'good-bye' to a child.

I carry you in my heart
  and prayers this day forward.

May you feel God's grace
  in this moment,
  and for all the days of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment