Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Never Claimed the Virtue of Patience

15 September 2010

I want to understand why I resist the spiritual…
why I doubt its realness,
why I think I am imagining all this,
why I am worried that I am suffering delusions,
why I push it away…
when it really is
all I am.

Not a day passes anymore that I am not living in prayer.  
It’s like a constant part of my being – it surrounds me, is me.
Yet, I don’t believe it to be real,
don’t trust it,
don’t feel that I have any special gifts or even a calling,
but that I just want it so badly and for so long
that I’ve imagined it into being.

Though I continue each day on this journey,
inside I hold back.  
And, I want to know
Where am I going?’
What am I doing?’
What is going on here???’

I know only that I need to shed material things quickly
and that I need to focus inward
to heal and grow and learn and cleanse.  
And, I know I’ll be told when it is time.  

But the time is upon me – it is here.  
And I don’t have any idea what is being asked of me.
I am asking my spirit guides to tell me something, anything.  
What I keep seeing is this image…

On my left, tall bluffs with sheer cliffs descending into a deep valley bordered on the other side by huge rolling hills, softly blanketed in trees – all green.  And directly in front of me a large bolder with the White Wolf encouraging me to descend into the valley.  Just now, the wolf transformed into an eagle upon whose back I climbed.  We soared high above the valley.  I saw all the people again and then the intense white/yellow light.  In the center of the light – from above – I could see a hole.  I saw Christ in the center – emitting the light.  I was lowered into the center.  And then I moved through the light into the valley…and I was ready to do what I’m being asked to do.

By entering the light and moving through it, I became/was made ready.
It is time.  Every cell of my being can feel it, anticipates it, prepares for it, wants to know…
What is ‘it’?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment