Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Victorious 'Whys'

15 September 2010

I often ponder why I was given such an inquisitive, determined mind
  if not to solve all the universe’s mysteries.
In fact, as life has presented me with the unknowable,
  like clockwork, I have vested my entire being in gaining an understanding of
  ‘what just happened to me, and why?’
More often than not,
  I have limped away from these fruitless self-encounters,
  head bleeding, ego beaten down and the question, ‘why?
  still large, bold and unanswered,
  daring me to yet another round.

It’s only around year 50 that I finally figure out that
  there are no answers readily available to the ‘whys’.  
  And, the more devastating the situation,
  the further away I feel from the ‘truth’ regarding ‘why’.
So, I now try to step back,
  preferring to avoid the head banging and instead,
  tread the new, but promising path of
It’s okay.  I don’t need to know why.  Rather, what gift is being offered me and what can I learn?’  
It’s a different tack,
  a new approach to the unknowable,
  perhaps one with a bit gentler process and
  more fruitful outcomes.

Who among you has found the answers to the ‘whys’ – when they really matter?  
  Not many, I would venture.  
  Perhaps it is worth experimenting with a new approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment