Sunday, November 4, 2012

just beyond

I recently realized that when I post on my blog,
  the poem shows up in my 'yesterday'.

Even as the words flow from my fingers,
  my friends in the states
  are reading them in the day already
  a part of my past.

Yet, I write and they read
  at the same moment.

So, I examine my flight ticket home.
  I'll leave Seoul, South Korea at 11pm on Saturday
  and arrive in Los Angeles, USA at 7am on
  that same day?!

Smiling.

No matter how hard I try,
  I can not put together the logic
  of this phenomenon.

Yes, I've read the literature
  and, if I read it again right now,
  I could actually recite it before
  it once again slipped from my memory.

And, this is merely one simple law of physics.
  There is so much more we can't even fathom,
  much less describe or understand.

It truly is a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment