Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Here and Back, Again

I had this image upon waking
  of a corkscrew.

As I travel through this life,
  I bring with me the core elements
  of me.

Like a corkscrew, the core of me
  winds its way into various situations
  no matter where I am
  no matter what is happening
  no matter what age I am

There is the core,
  solid as energy can be
  everpresent
  at the center
  of my experience.

The energy that is me
  flows up and down
  that corkscrew,
  lingering now
  in this moment
  and flowing once again
  into another.

There is only one way
  that the energy that is me
  will leave this corkscrew...
  through the top.

One day, I will be finished
  with the work I've come to complete
  and my energy will move effortlessly
  up the corkscrew and gently
  flow out of the tip.

If you are watching,
  you'll see a spray
  of sparkles, dancing lightly
  before dissolving into the ether.

But, I won't be gone.
  I will be the pure energy
  from which I...and you...
  emerged.

And, I will be deciding
  the next journey
  on which to embark
  to unravel yet another
  experience and lesson for this soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment