Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wind Up Toy

So...just...let go?  That's it?
  How easy does that seem to you?
  Cuz it doesn't sound easy to me.

Why do these 'wise' words always
  have to be such puzzles?
  Why can't they come in
  simple-to-understand terms
  rather than codes and images
  that I am loath to dissect?

Perhaps, I confuse a Jester
  for a Crone/Sage.

Perhaps, you laugh merrily
  at the solemn approach,
  that weary eyes,
  the outreached heart.

Perhaps, it's all a joke to you.
  And so you turn again the key
  on the wind-up-human toy
  and watch in glee

as she marches around
  in circles
  till her head spins
  and she falls

or simply just
  runs out of juice.

'No matter,' say you.
  'I can just wind her up again.'

'No matter,' say I.
  'Nothing matters, really,
  does it?'

No comments:

Post a Comment