Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Wise Crone

I am amused by this self.
  53 years and so much seeking, witnessing, learning.
  Yet still, I tread old paths...the ones I KNOW don't work.

And, I set foot upon them at exactly the moment
  when I am asked to reset my direction, alter my true north.
  Is this the human experience, or am I just an incredibly slow learner?

I have a vision of my self as an elder woman, the crone.
  I sit, wrapped in a shawl, upon my rocking chair.
  The chair's voice, creaky as my own, sings
  into the melting day.

I hear a laugh or remember a tear.
  So, I turn my head and glance over my shoulder.
  In the beyond, I see one of the many moments lived.

And, in the witnessing, I am at peace, content, happy.

For I know that, despite the agony or exhilaration of that moment,
  I lived it to the best of my ability...with all that I had...
  in the fullest expression of me.

When I am challenged by life to take another uncertain step,
  I visualize this wise old crone.  She inspires me to search within
  to find the most that I am and to courageously step into the unknown.

My gait is awkward and I get tangled up in my best intentions,
  but I step forward knowing that the wise old crone is smiling and saying,
  'She is doing her best.  And, it's not quite as serious as she thinks it all is!'

No comments:

Post a Comment