Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Things Not Meant for You

Threre is a saying,

In the end, only three things matter,
how much you loved,
how gently you lived, and
how gracefully you let go of
things not meant for you.

Funny, I should come upon this quote just now.
  Asked once again to reflect.
  And the level of emotive clash
  going on inside me tells me
  that these words are for me - now.

So,
  reticently casting off my favored
  'woe-is-me' mask,
  I look inside.

'Things not meant for you...'
  Things not meant for me,
  I can count so many,
  just in the last months.

'But, you are searching in the wrong tote!' she says.
  Logically, if I'm searching in the wrong tote,
  what I find therein will not be what I'm looking for.
  And perhaps, I will find what's not meant for me.

So life, spirit, asks me to let go,
  and not just that, but to let go gracefully.
  A high order for one sitting yet again
  among the shards of hope shattered.

Yet, I wonder...
  If I was looking in the proverbial 'right tote',
  would I then find what, indeed, was meant for me?

The danger here, and I can see it coming,
  is engaging my mind in this process.
  Already, it strives to apply logic
  to a question of spirit.

Already, it is wrapping itself in a tangle
  of self deception cloaked as reason.
  Already, it is confused and frustrated...

So, to spirit I turn
  into my heart I fall
  letting go
  opening up

Believing, hoping
  I can find the prescience to know
  what 'was not meant for me',
  and the grace to let it go.

Praying
  the 'right tote' will be presented,
  I will be given the foresight to recognize it,
  and the wisdom to treat whatever I find within
  as the sacred gift it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment