Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wisdom Embodied

The awkward walk of a wise soul with a bumbling human.

That's the title of my life,
  the music filling the background
  of the stage on which I play.

That soul is wisdom, grace, and beauty.
  And it selected me, little me,
  to walk with in this life.

I am awkward in my movements,
  fall when attempting to walk,
  subvert my self in my reach to forever,
  seek refuge in worn-out stories,
  prefer the dark to the light...

Yet, my soul remains,
  ever vigilant in its encouragement,
  always watchful of my journey,
  until the end, my companion.

For as deficient as my attempts to live,
  or my understanding of how to be,
  my soul needs me.

The very struggles that bring me to my knees,
  the tears that burn my cheeks,
  the joy that fills my heart...

all these humble attempts to be human
  gift my soul with the lessons it
  embodied to experience.

So, next I see you,
  and when inevitably
  I trip...

Please know that
  somewhere inside this bumbling human
  laughs a magnificent soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment