Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Nexus

'So what,' you ask, 'are your specific concerns?'
  'What is it that eats at you today?'

But see, I really don't think the specifics matter.
  I think, what really matters is the struggle
  of the material embodying the eternal.

I believe we each craft our own storyline
  to gift us with opportunities to learn
  those things we wish to learn in this life.

Naturally then, the storylines of any two people
  will be quite different, unique to those people.
  So, the specific context, the particular storyline
  is not, for me, the headline.

No, what really matters is that
  my/your heart hurts
  my/your mind gets confused
  my/your spirit grows tired

Those things you all know, right?
  No matter your particular story,
  you can relate to the pain,
  the confusion, the exhaustion.

This is where spirit asks me to live,
  in the space where material and eternal touch,
  in the middle of this turmoil called life.

My particular life circumstances are of benefit
  only insofar as they help to portray the message
  spirit asks me to convey.

That is why, at least for today,
  I choose to stay focused on
  the experience of 'it' all,
  the nexus of material/spiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment