Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Being Human

Laughing in spite of my self
  and reminded that I am,
  for this spirit walk,
  very human!

I seek wisdom,
  search for deep understanding,
  endeavor to live by higher precepts...

But always,
  I face my own countenance
  when I gaze into a mirror.

The most recent manifestation
  of this propensity to be human?

Faced with the uncertainty of
  a future unknown,
  I felt it necessary
  to sit in quiet
  to reflect and to
  not
  rush to plans.

I was successful in that
  endeavor for
  almost a day!

Since then, I have planned
  two trips and the next 3 months
  of my life.

ah well...
  so much for sitting with the unknown!

There is, in this so real example
  of my humanity,
  at least one important lesson
  for me.

That is,
  in seeking wisdom
  and striving to mature
  into that wisdom,
  there is:

  the need for
  acceptance of who
  and where I am right now;

  the need for a gentle humor
  regarding my own falllibilities;

  the need for compassion
  in the process and struggle
  of learning;  and

  the need for self love.

So, now that I sit in the
  contrived comfort of
  extending the unknown
  a little further into the future,

I will endeavor once more
  to sit quietly
  and listen for the
  call of Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment