Wednesday, October 31, 2012

con chim nhỏ

You kept calling me back,
  your voice sweet and gentle,
  your spirit quiet,
  your eyes piercing.

I couldn't say 'good night'.
  How can I say 'good bye'
  if I can't even say 'until tomorrow'?

Tears hot against my face,
  I stepped back into your presence,
  and we gazed, once again,
  into each other's soul.

Every day that I see you,
  I feel your anguish,
  the torture of being trapped,
  the profound desire to
  just take flight.

Each day, I resist the urge
  to rip open the doors that
  deny you the life you were born
  to live, to free you from
  the curse of watching
  instead of living.

And, each day,
  knowing I can not release
  you from this hell,
  my heart breaking,
  I bid you farewell until
  our next meeting.

I am so sorry!
I am so very sorry!

It was not a chance meeting,
  you and I.
  That day, I was struggling as
  depression's spiny fingers
  clawed at my heart.

And, there you were.

You seemed to know me
  at first glance.
  And I felt your soul,
  recognized something in you
  reaching beyond the material
  forms that define this plane.

Your bright song and
  curious nature,
  your immediate recognition
  and interest in me
  shone a light
  in the darkness of my heart
  melting the depression
  and leaving there a smile.

We have been friends
  from the first.
  I shall miss you as no other.
  You have captured my heart.

This is my prayer for you.
  One day,  you will
  burst from the cage that
  torments your soul
  and you will fly.

You will fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment