Saturday, October 20, 2012

Something Raw and Unfinished

Just yesterday started to seriously consider
  returning to my home state to visit.

I haven't been there since my father died in 2000.

Then, it occurred to me...
  since I was going all that distance,
  why not stop in to see the town in which
  I spent my childhood?

The idea of visiting this tiny town is intriguing, first
  because never before now have I had
  the resources or time to make this trip.

But, more importantly,
  this feels to me as some kind of
  completion.

It's been 38 years since I set foot
  in that town.
  Yet, it still haunts my dreams.

What I didn't expect in considering this journey
  is the emotions it would trigger.
  This is not just stepping back in time.
  It is something more,
  something fundamental,
  raw, unfinished...

but what?

No comments:

Post a Comment