Thursday, October 18, 2012

There is a Getting from Here to There

22 June 2011

We can talk such wonders.
  We can pontificate.
  We can muse.
  We can extrapolate.


All that, we can do

  from the comfort of our post.

But, what does it all mean
  void of the
  real
  life
  experience?


It is the real life that adds the color,
  the exquisite pain,
  the excruciating horror of meeting
 

  one self
  

  at every turn.

Even in the running,
  there she is…
  in her drab attire,
  her shabby soul,
  her torn heart,
  her confused mind.


She is the
  Real

She is the
  Now

She is the
  Reason

No amount of
  intellectualizing
  philosophic debate
  pondering
  musing
  will suffice.


For she requires
  real life, real breath.

She requires that we
  take notice
  of her pain,
  her feelings,
  her irrationality
  her questions
  her doubts…


Accept them all.
  Allow them all.
  Stop judging them.
  Stop pushing them
  beneath.

  They are real.

They are the essence of what we are here
  to discover.

They offer life.
  They present God
  in human form.


Partake
  Breathe her in
  Let her rest in your arms


She is
  You.

'The most holy of places is in the unknown.'

So, I enter the unknown,
  and when I open my eyes
  all is gone.
  Only vast white sand, blue sky and
  me.


Alone in this vast void

The demons
  the fears
  the doubts
  All find expansive space to fill
  expand to fill it – joyously


Surrounded by nothing.
  Inundated with self.
  All of self

The parts I thought
  I out grew,
  I ran from,
  I healed from,
  I wish were nonexistent.

 All shining against the white sand in the bright sun.

There is a known about the unknown.
  It includes me

I will never be perfect
  My fallibilities will never be fully resolved, addressed, healed

Rather, they make me who I am
  They offer the lessons from life that I imbue in my soul
  for all eternity.


I can't stop living
  or hold on to living
  until they are healed
  for it is only in living
  that they find their answers


That unknown is part of the answer
  and it can only be found
  when one finds the courage and faith
  to walk into it
  Despite – and with – the imperfections
  that demarcate her as an individual,
  a soul on a path.


Step into the unknown
  Find your self there
  Falter, fall
  But don’t run


Allow, feel, accept, love
  Move into it

Watch God manifest in the empty space
  inside yourself

Walk the path

Walk it
-------------

I am calling you to me.
I am ready now.
I am reaching out.
Come to me and let us walk.
We have been waiting a lifetime
It is time.
I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment